Call Terri Calautti at 800-686-6627 ext. 198
How do you become a mentor?
Mentoring is so easy because all you have to do is include your youth in the things you already like to do! Ignite mentors enjoy going on fun outings with their mentees and are able to meet the following requirements:
- At least 25-years-old
- Reside within the NOAS service area
- Complete 12 hours of training
- Financially able to pay a $100 pre-screening fee
- Able to pass a background/driving record check and drug test
- Can volunteer at least six hours a month for one year
- Willing to dedicate patience, time and energy to a teen or young adult
Ready To Take The Next step
As a Mentor, you can make a difference and be a hero to a foster youth who needs a helping hand, a connection, and a champion for their well-being. Mentors come from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Most mentors may be matched as quickly as six weeks of submitting their application and have a mentor program coach to guide them!
You’ll find that it’s easier than ever to become a mentor.